Friday 17 June 2011

16/6/11 - Capital Ring Phase 4

Start - Crystal Palace
End - Streatham Common
Distance - 4 Miles
Interesting thing - Nothing
Previous Stages - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3

Capital Ring Phase 4



Not sure what will be the best part of this 15 stage journey, but I am fairly sure that this leg will represent the worst stage.

Leave Victoria and arrive at Crystal Palace.  Follow the green signs and it doesn't take me up to the town where there were some expansive views but dips into a housing estate and circumvents and area of interest.  Go through Norwood and a couple of recreation grounds.  Spot an 8 year old labradoodle and talk to the owner about whether her dog is a) lazy or b) hates her.  It would seem that my labradoodle is unique.

There's really not a lot to commend this stretch of the walk.  Norwood House is the architectual highlight.

Norwood House

Soon arrive at Streatham.  There is a collection of eateries and pubs in the area.  Now I know that Mick Jagger has a house in St Lucia, but I cannot believe that he goes to Bandit Country for his pizzas.

He got Sticky Fingers
Instead of this dubious claim to fame, I went to the Greyhound Pub over the road.  It was empty, apart from a sinister pole and a friendly bar man who I think had been watching a lot of Westerns as he asked me if "I was passing through".  We then got onto the subject of what refreshment to have and this is one of only 300 pubs to have Stella Black in a new ceremonial glass.   Well I had to have something to remember the walk by.

I admit, I thought long and hard about Half Inching it.

Timed it just right for the train back from Stretham Common into Victoria.

Lets hope the next stage is more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment