Sunday 12 January 2014

12/01/14 - Zero Caches

Distance - 4.84 Miles
Geocaches - 0
Walk Inspiration
Proper winter's morning, cars need scraping and I head off for Stage 8 of the Millennium Way, optimistic that the frozen ground will mean that I don't end up to my armpits in mud.

Both Stage 8 and Stage 9 start in Inkberrow.  Home of Radio 4's the Archers.  Home of two very decent looking pubs, with the Old Bull, the most spectacular.

I have checked out Stage 8 and can tell nothing is going to happen.  I have no company (Sonia's working), there are no caches and as I didn't bother with my CacheBag (tm), I have no money to buy a pint.  Full Inkberrow investigation and write up on Stage 9.

But I do have an enthusiastic Labradoodle.  She goes through her stretches as I get ready.  Whilst I'm outside defrosting the car, she is actually crying.

I am not convinced the boy took her out yesterday.

So park up at the church and take a few snaps of where I will be next time.

Old Bull
The Archers Pub
Old Bull
Pub Sign
Pub 2 - Bulls Head
An Alternative Option, should the Old Bull have run out of beer
So having chuckled at the lack of imagination that Inkberrowans have at naming their pubs, I head out through the estate looking for the countryside.  The everytrail load of my GPX shows that I make a few wrong turns.  Still, it is always nice to say hello to the locals.  Twice.

Eventually get out in the countryside.  Nice views of Malvern and Bredon Hills but not much to report.  Some sheep.  The paths are straightforward, the stiles are a challenge.  The ground is suitably frozen that we are not getting too filthy.

Walk through Little Inkberrow.  Its that small, I don't notice.  Follow a stream down to Dormston, where I pick up a lane that brings me to the familiar green signs of the Millennium Way.

Builder leave a gate
Temporary Gate - Green Millennium Sign
Only a short stretch through Broadclose Farm, a field of horses that make me get a wriggle on and then back to the outskirts of Inkberrow, where new builds are happening.

New Builds
New Inkberrow Houses
Back into the village, almost taking a tumble on some black ice.  There is one multi cache at the church, which is not strictly on the route.  As I am coming back next month, I decide to get the info required to Plot.  The service is in full swing, but I engage stealth mode to get the two numbers required from the board in the porch.

Inkberrow Church
Stealthily Enter the Porch
As expected, a walk of little note.  A filler, if you like, to move me onto the next stage.

Where I will bring company, have a pint and find this multicache.

No comments:

Post a Comment