Monday 5 May 2014

05/05/14 - At it for 12 Months

Walk Inspiration
Geocaches - 11 Found
Distance - 6.5 Miles


As this is walk 12 on the Millennium Way, it can only mean that I have been at it for a calendar year.  I had my doubts that the dog would make it for all 44 monthly walks and I am pleased to say that she is still going strong.  Strong enough to make up her own mind that she didn't fancy it today.  We find her gently snoring on the sofa on our return.

The drive along the A422 is now getting so familiar that I could do it with my eyes closed.  As we move further into the West Midlands, I am hoping for some M42 alternatives.  And I never thought I would hear myself say that.

Park up at the Throckmorton Arms.  Don't worry landlord, we have every intention on checking out your wares on our return.  We are not the only people with this idea, as we see a couple in their early 50s doing exactly the same thing.  They could be our older siblings.

Now I am going to be honest with you blogfans and whisper this very quietly.  Today's walk has been a little on the dull side.  All the ingredients were there, fine footpaths, nice countryside, a lot of geocaches but on my return, I see that I have only a handful of Photographs.  Maybe this is because all of the highlights, such as Coughton Court, the churches and the ford, were captured on the last leg of the Millennium Way.

We head back down the mainroad and turn left onto the Millennium Way and Arden Way, with only sheep to keep us company.  Through several fields.

P1050190
A double LDP path
For the last handful of walks, I have taken to wearing an Autographer Camera.  This device clips onto your shirt (or geocaching utility bag strap in my case) and takes random photos over the course of the day.  On review of today's caching, it has picked up some candid snaps.

b00000198_21i4fa_20140505_105750e
Here's me using my Geocaching Tool to great success

b00000301_21i4fa_20140505_114130e
Same Tool - Less success.  And before I am accused of wilful damage, we have all found them here, right Cachers?
The walks takes us up to Spernall and around St Giles Farm.  Find nothing to photograph until we hit a field of yellow rapeseed.

P1050195
Path Narrows later.  The yellow pollen doesn't half stick to your clothes

Through New End, past Windmillhill Barn, around the back of Coughton Court and we are delivered back to the pub.  We need to pay our parking dues.


P1050197
Sonia's Favourite Part of the Walk.  Fishfinger sandwich today, would you believe
P1050198
Mappiman's Favourite Part of the Walk.  Cotswold Lion today.

No comments:

Post a Comment